February 7, 2011

Grateful for...












I'm so grateful for Saturdays (who isn't?). I typically work Saturday nights but during February the country club is closed, so I'm trying to make each night off a good one. This past Saturday my roommate Jen and I decided to have a yuppie themed night. We went to a gallery opening in Bloomfield and perused (perused is a very yuppie word) the art by artist Chung (Fanky) Chak from China. His digital prints address common stereotypes people hold about certain places. Deanna Mance also had a few works displayed and I immediately fell in love with them. Can you tell why?
After we had our fill of local art and sparkling grape juice and goat cheese (you can always count on free food and gallery openings) we went over to the Dreaming Ant, a movie rental place which is a little more on the hipster side instead of the yuppie side.
And then to top it all off we went to see The King's Speech. We loved it. So much so that we spoke in British accents for part of the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...