February 21, 2011

Grateful for...


I had a wonderful weekend in the middle of nowhere, Virginia. Leaving Pittsburgh on Friday was bittersweet since it was sunny and wonderful which is, as I have said many times before, a rarity for this city of mine, but heading to VA was promising and refreshing. I was grateful for so many things about this weekend but perhaps the best thing was spontaneously seeing Kate. When I realized we were a mere 20 minutes from Charlottesville, where she lives, my carful of girls eagerly agreed to make the detour. We ate dinner at the best pizza place I have ever been to and grabbed some gelato before we hit the road again. It did so much for my soul just to be with my best friend for only an hour or so. And the warm sunshiny weather didn't hurt either. Hopefully I will have some photos to share soon.

For now, its back to gray and rainy Pittsburgh.

Happy monday! (some guy running in my neighborhood said this to me as I walked home from the elementary school...I love where I live)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...