April 18, 2011

Grateful for...


Today I was thinking about all the people in my life that mean so much to me. It can be so easy for us to overlook the little things that people do for us and the ways they show us their love. Our expectations can be so high and we become dissappointed and embittered so easily. Its just a waste of time, don't you think?

I'm grateful for all the ways I've felt so loved by my friends and family. I love that my roommates actually want to spend time with me. Jen and I went to the park when she got home from work and attempted to catch up. I say attempted because my attention span was basically that of a goldfish and I kept interrupting her to look at the grass or the woodpecker or the weird guys with long ropes (we thought they might try to climb down the edge of the hill...). I'm so grateful that I have friends that would actually laugh with me about my weird thought processes (we saw a mom with her little girl and a boston terrier and I'm telling you, it took all of my will-power not to scoop up the little girl and dog and go on my way).

I'm also grateful for all the flowers around my house lately. They might have something to do with my boyfriend.

[photo via weheartit]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...