June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day/Birthday Dad!






June is a busy, busy month for birthdays and holidays in our family. Yesterday was my dad's birthday and Sunday is Father's Day and three days ago it was my mom's birthday and I think there is even a wedding anniversary in there somewhere. They like to make things difficult for their children.

I know everyone always says things like this, but I really think that I have the best dad. He is goofy and silly and makes me laugh like no one else (one time I came downstairs for breakfast and he made up some rap involving Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" about breakfast. In the moment I remember thinking, "Its too early in the morning for this" but in hindsight I think it was hilarious). When my brother and I were younger he would chase us around the house trying to catch us and tickle us and I remember being scared out of my mind (he would play the "monster" part really well). And at night when I couldn't sleep or felt sick he would rub my forehead and it would put me out in a heartbeat.

Even now that I am past the age to be chased around the house and tickled, my dad has shown his love and support for me in so many ways. I certainly wouldn't be able to continue my education this far without his own hard work and selflessness. Even with my crazy dreams to someday move to South Africa and start a school (possibly? maybe? hopefully?) I know my dad would support me and be my biggest fan. How many girls can say that about their fathers?

I could go on and on and tell you about so many other things (like driving lessons during ice storms, building fires, cooking, "talking the animals", and perfect "welcome home" hugs). What it all comes down to is that there is no one like my dad, and I'm grateful that God gave me such an amazing one. What would I do without you, dad? Probably run around the house with scissors. Oh no wait, thats both of us without mom [if you read this dad, I hope you got that :)]

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I didn't get that scissors part........
    ....mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...