June 6, 2011

Louise Bourgeois


Louise Bourgeois is one of my favorite artists mainly because of her bold sculptures and her child-like stream of consciousness drawings. She produced amazing work right up to her death in 2010. I came across some of her work via My Love For You that I was unaware of and it reminded me of why I love her. She was truly a versatile artist, working in all sorts of media and exploring different ways to express herself and topics that were important to her,"My emotions are inappropriate to my size [...] the emotions are much too much for me to handle and that is why I transer the energy into sculpture [...] the subjects of the artist are emotions and ideas."





These sculptures are located in downtown Pittsburgh








[1, 2, 3, all others via google image search]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...