August 9, 2011

Flood Waters



Me, my cousin, and my brother's girlfriend



My cousins from Germany are visiting us and so we are all spending the week at the beach. 11 people. 1 house. And a whole lot of food. We spent the morning and early afternoon by the ocean and headed back once the darker clouds took over. We then decided to go see Harry Potter because what else do you do when you are at the beach and a storm rolls in? When we left the theater we saw people pointing outside and gasping. We didn't know what was going on because the rain had stopped and the sun was out so it seemed like everything was normal. Once we got outside we realized what all the fuss was about. The streets had flooded right up to the boardwalk. Once the initial panic of "Oh my goodness what if our cars are under water?" dissipated we laughed about the whole thing.

p.s. excuse the poor quality of these photos, my camera battery died and I had to take them with my phone. And as you can tell, I certainly do not own a fancy i-phone.

1 comment:

  1. That's insane!
    Glad everyone's ok and hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...