December 26, 2011

Changing Spaces






I hope everyone had a great holiday! Anytime my family gets together you are guaranteed a roomful of laughter, which I think is my favorite part about the holidays.

I haven't been keeping up with the Earth/Eco art community as much as I'd like to, but while browsing the Art & Design section of the New York Times I came across this article and it reminded me of why I love Eco Art. What they did in Madrid isn't necessarily Eco Art but it falls into the same principal, which is bringing attention back to nature and back to natural materials. I love that it, "knits together neighborhoods that the highway had cut off from the city center." I think we could use more parks and less freeways, don't you agree?

[all photos from NYT slideshow]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...