April 27, 2011

Kate MccGwire








I'm taking a quick break from a round of praxis practice tests to tell you about Kate MccGwire. I literally gasped when I saw her feather sculptures on My Love For You. They are beautiful and fluid but also slightly eerie, as if they are living and still connected to their original bird. Kate says about her work, "I gather, collate, re-use, layer, peel, burn, reveal, locate, question, duplicate, play and photograph" What do you think?

This is a great video about the artist and her work. Check it out.



[all photos from Kate's website. Video found via My Love For You]

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post. Her work is fantastical. It looks like it has a life of its own and is almost fluid. I hadnt heard of her. Thanks for the intro and the video to go with it. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...