May 30, 2011

The French Open



This post has nothing to do with art. Or anything related to art. In fact, its about sports. There are few sports that I genuinely like to watch: soccer, baseball (this is a fairly recent one thanks to Jen) and tennis. I have very early memories of watching tennis matches on tv and Andre Agassi was easily my favorite (maybe it was the long hair? which oddly enough was actually a wig...). And there was of course Sampras, then the Williams sisters, Roddick, Nadal, and Federer. Now there is Gael Monfils of France. I'm sure Monfils has been a favorite with the French for a while but I only just saw him play this afternoon against Ferrer and let me just say, I think I have a new favorite to root for.

[photo via ESPN]

3 comments:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of tennis, a horrible player. My husband is really good though, so I like to say that I play "line six." Basically means that I cheer for him and drink beer. (That sounds white trash....they're usually craft beers if that helps!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I like the sound of your "line six", and craft beers probably do make the difference :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...