June 13, 2011

Grateful for...


Today has been rough. I don't think I've ever had a more patience-testing day in my life (well, the day I babysat three little girls and not one of them would stay put in their beds after I put them to sleep is probably in close competition). I don't want to go into details (because thats only going to make it more difficult to let the whole thing go) but as a friend put it once, "they are first world problems." And I am thankful to have them.

And after a stressful day it was a huge blessing to go to ballet tonight after weeks and weeks of not being able to go. There's nothing like leaping across a dance studio to get out all that stress.

I am also grateful for my bed. I think I end everyday by saying to myself, "Man, I am so grateful to have a bed" and its true, it may seem like a small thing but so many people don't have beds or a safe place to sleep and I consider it a HUGE luxury to come home to a safe place and sleep (no matter how hot our apartment gets and boy, does it get hot).

At the end of the day what I am truly most thankful for is a way of life that teaches me how to handle these things and reminds me of a better way...
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness"
Colossians 2:6-7

Don't you think its better to be overflowing with love and thankfulness rather than impatience and anger?
(trust me, I tried the whole "angry and impatient" thing today it just doesn't feel great)
(p.s. look at that Wyoming sky. How can anyone stay angry when they look at all that beauty?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...