July 5, 2011

4th


I don't know why but I really have been loving anything Americana. And what is more Americana than wearing red, white, and blue, going to the country club for some classic grilled food and cake decorated as an american flag, all to be followed by a private fireworks show? Yeah right, I didn't do any of that. The only patriotic thing I wore was my navy blue polo shirt to work at the country club and serve everyone else their Americana food. My fourth of July was a little hectic. It started to thunderstorm just before we served dinner and so we had to fit about 500 people into one ballroom. We ran out into the rain to collect tablecloths and grab chairs. Once the initial rush and feeling of "Oh my goodness what in the world is happening and why are all these people using our extra napkins as place-mats?" wore off, we relaxed a bit and got to eat some of the left over food and stand outside on the terrace to watch a beautiful firework show (enhanced by 3-d glasses because what's more American right now than watching fireworks with 3-D glasses?). America, I love you, but you are also kind of ridiculous.

[photo via WeHeartt]

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I just laughed so hard! "Why are these people using our extra napkins as placemats?!" I totally just stood there and watched that lady take them with my mouth hanging wide open. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...