August 15, 2011

Grateful for...

I'm back "in the burgh" complete with stormy skies and snow on the ground.

Well, fake snow that is.
Shooting for Batman is still in full swing. I think it is a bit cruel of them to make us look at fake snow in summer when we look at real snow most of the year anyway. But then again who can really complain about Batman being shot in their city? (Folks, this is not New York or LA, so anything this exciting is worth mentioning over and over again because it likely won't happen very often)

But this post is not about how I am grateful for Batman.




I'm grateful for the amount of time I got to spend last week soaking up the sun, being around my family, and eating a lot of good food. Seriously, I didn't realize how much I don't eat until I came home to a carton of rice milk and orange juice and....oh, thats about it.

Scoping out the flood

My aunt Angela and cousin Elena 

My brother, cousin Fabian, and me



We spent afternoons on the beach, reading (I'm on to my 7th memoir...I may have a problem), swimming in the ocean, tossing the frisbee, playing horseshoes, surfing, and going for walks. Then we would come back home, shower off all the sand and seawater, and ride our bikes to the boardwalk or go see a movie or watch the Phillies game.



This is how a 14-year-old "protects" his soda from bugs






But its also nice to be back home, to see my roommates, to sing at church, to watch a friend be baptized, to go out to lunch as a huge group, to play frisbee in the park, to have people over for cupcakes and strawberries and to sit and talk about all the spiritual things we have been learning lately.

I couldn't ask for more than to be able to go home to my family and to also come back to a family. Its more than most have.

What are you grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. i'm doing that on sunday after church with good friends! (gathering around the home to pray for the upcoming semester)

    community is so vital!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...