April 7, 2012

In Jars



I was just straightening up things in our apartment, moving books around, taking paintings out from their secluded "storage spots" and putting them on the mantel when I came across jars and jars of shells, coral, pine cones, pressed leaves, and other earthly remnants. I collect these things. I like to have a jar of sea shells sitting on a shelf in my art cabinet to remind me of what I love. I love nature and I love viewing it as the highest form of art. No artist is as great as God himself, giving us snow-peaked mountains and orange-tinted coral. I almost wanted to put a blue ribbon around one of the jars and give it as a gift to someone, but I wasn't sure if it would be appreciated in the same way. It reminds me of a verse in the Bible, "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us," (2 Corinthians 4:7). We are those jars of clay, something so simple, yet God decided to give us an incredible treasure to store within ourselves: His Spirit. It is such a beautiful and surprising thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...