February 14, 2011

Grateful for...




It's only
appropriate that this monday I am grateful for love. I don't necessarily mean the hallmark-let-me-buy-you-roses-and-chocolates kind of love. I mean the kind of love that the bible talks about...love that isn't defined by circumstances or emotional highs or lows, love that is consistent, persevering, and protecting. I'm grateful that God IS love...one of my favorite passages is:
"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them." 1 John 4:16
God himself is love...so that is the love I am celebrating today, the kind of love that allows you to literally live in God and for God to live in you.

I am also grateful for all the guys in my campus ministry. This sunday they gave flowers to all of us girls with a little note. They are truly so thoughtful. Thats the kind of thing that happens when a group of people all celebrate God's love.

My roommate Heather and I also made cupcakes and brownies for our campus ministry on friday night. Its been a whole weekend of celebrating. I hope your Valentine's day is equally as encouraging and full of love.

p.s. my roommates and I are currently jamming to this...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...