September 14, 2011

Grateful for...




[Ohiopyle State Park, sunset, grapes from my neighbor's yard, art and flowers in my room]


Better late than never, right? A few random things I am grateful for:


1. The Carnegie Public Library

2. Walks in the park and little league games

3. Having a friend, Lamonique, to swap teaching stories with. I thought I had some crazy students but she wins, her school had to have a mini lockdown because of a student today. Mine just skip class and carry on personal conversations while I am trying to educate them about the importance of footing a pot (okay, lets be real, of course they aren't going to listen to that. Who am I kidding?).

4. A student who had a genuine question about the pottery wheel today. I will call him Teddy. Thank you, Teddy, for caring. All the other kids might roll their eyes and be mad at you for taking an interest but you are now my favorite student. And I don't care if its not right to have favorites. I do. So there.

5. Possibly seeing my Dad this weekend!

I wish I could be more consistent with this blog but teaching has been time consuming. I get home and feel like I am in a daze and the last thing I want to do is jump on the computer. But then I regret not spending the time to write and to blog because something about it is soothing to me and its an area of my life that I can exert some, if little, creativity.

I am aiming for a few good posts a week, and we'll see how the rest works out. Stick around, won't you?


1 comment:

  1. I'm sticking around!!
    I'm grateful for your blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...