September 15, 2011

When I Grow Up...



With almost two weeks of student teaching down and 14 more to go, I already have some doubts and fears piling up in my mind. I can't possibly begin to get into all of that right now but suffice it to say that is has been a humbling two weeks.

Back up plans begin to creep into my thoughts...
Things like: "Studio space in Braddock is pretty cheap...maybe I could just be a real artist for a living..."
or
"Maybe I'll just start my own non-profit and teach kids who really want to do art..."
or
"Maybe I can be a professional welder..."
or
"Maybe I'll move to South Africa" which is quite honestly always my backup plan.

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet...just realizing that I may still be in that stage of life categorized by the phrase..."When I grow up I want to be...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...